Project 25 Technology Interest Group Releases a New Whitepaper:
Technology Benefits of P25
Over the years, the most often selected article on the Project 25 website is the one describing Technology Benefits of P25. This article has been recently updated to include the new wireline interfaces (ISSI, CSSI, FSI) and new operational capabilities recently added to the P25 suite of standards.
The Whitepaper covers the background and history of the P25 Standard, original goals and objectives, a summary overview of the standards and how they translate into benefits for the Public Safety community. A copy of the complete whitepaper can be downloaded using the following link
P25 Goals and Objectives
From the beginning, P25 has targeted four primary objectives:
- Allow effective, efficient, and reliable intra-agency and inter-agency communications
… so organizations can easily implement interoperable and seamless joint communication in both routine and emergency circumstances.
- Ensure competition in system life cycle procurements
… so agencies can choose from multiple vendors and products, ultimately saving money and gaining the freedom to select from the widest range of equipment and features.
- Provide user-friendly equipment
… so users can take full advantage of their radios’ lifesaving capabilities on the job – even under adverse conditions – with minimal training.
- Improve radio spectrum efficiency
… so networks will have enough capacity to handle calls and allow room for growth, even in areas where the spectrum is crowded and it’s difficult for agencies to obtain licenses for additional radio frequencies.
P25 Benefits Delivered
- Ability to Meet In the Air
- Interoperability Among Agencies
- Interoperability Among Vendors
- Spectral Efficiency
- Integrated Voice and Data Services
- Scalable Secure Systems using Conventional and Trunking in all LMR bands.
- Competition from 34 suppliers of P25 Products and Services